A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.15dev:
- Reverted to previous MinGW compiler (Windows).
- (Launcher) Fixed a bug loading online database games with cpu specification.
- (Arcade) Fixed Windows shortcut for FS-UAE Arcade.
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.14dev:
- JIT should work on Windows too now.
- New options: audio_frequency, audio_buffer_target_size.
- Default frequency is now 48000 Hz (will try 44100 Hz if 48000 Hz fails).
- Default audio buffer size is now 40ms (slightly lower than before).
- Deprecated the old audio_buffer_target_bytes option (it is now instead calculated from audio_buffer_target_size).
- Speed up startup by caching information about kickstart ROMs.
- Skip initializating stuff in inputdevice.cpp which are not used by FS-UAE, speeds up startup – report if it seems to have bad side-effects…
- Split Savestates into two main menu entries (Load State, Save State).
- Removed superfluous More… entries.
- Include #define GLXContextID XID in glee.h to work with recent Mesa.
- (Launcher) Respect writable_floppy_images option in cases where the floppy drive options directly refer to local paths (don’t copy disk images to temp directory).
- (Launcher) Defragment databases function (Settings -> Maintenance).
- (Launcher) Use QT to open all URLs, for consistent behavior.
- (Launcher) Will now try to find and use either of PySide, PyQt5 or PyQt4.
- (Launcher) Added GUI controls to tweak audio freqency and also audio target buffer size (in ms). The latter can be used to reduce audio latency.
Another change is that the Windows version is now built with a MinGW-w64/x86 toolchain instead of MinGW (This shouldn’t really change anything, but it can be useful to be aware of when testing).
Also, some changes to the JIT code paths has been made, so please let me know if JIT suddently stops working with this version…
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.13dev:
- Video sync is disabled by default.
- Updated translations: pl [grimi].
- (Launcher) New video synchronization settings page, reorg. video settings.
- (Launcher) New dialog for manual game downloads with scan function to make manual downloads more streamlined.
- (Launcher) Re-enabled support for manually downloadable games.
- (Launcher) Re-enabled support for automatically downloadable games.
- (Launcher) Support downloading and displaying terms for auto-downloadable game files.
- (Launcher) Changed icons for downloadable games.
- (Launcher) fullscreen_mode was erroneously specified as fullscreen, should be empty string. Also, fullscreen_mode will now show in advanced settings if overriden.
- (Launcher) Updated translations: pl [grimi], fi [Goingdown].
One important change in this version is that video_sync now defaults to off. The reasons for this include:
- On some systems, syncing to video causes performance issues or unstable frame rates (esp. with compositing window managers).
- On some systems, the OpenGL drivers use a lot of CPU while waiting for vblank (can often be fixed by choosing a suitable video sync method).
So now I experiment with having this option off by default, so people won’t erroneously conclude that FS-UAE does not work properly, or have bad performance when the problem could be the desktop environment and/or driver problems. Instead, there is now a new preference page for enabling / tweaking video sync options with information about what effect the options have.
The other major change is that support for manually and automatically downloadable games (via the online game database) is re-enabled and much improved 🙂
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.12dev:
- On OS X, simulate middle click (alt) and right click (ctrl).
- Don’t move mouse to right bottom on exit without requested with environment variable FSGS_SEAMLESS=1.
- New option load_state = 1..9.
- New option stereo_separation (0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100).
- (Launcher) Added GUI control for stereo_separation.
- (Launcher) Database change, a refresh is needed for the game database.
- (Launcher) Convert from UTF-8 str to unicode when loading and vice versa when saving config.
- (Arcade) Game filters: platform, letter and shuffle.
- (Arcade) Further re-branding to FS-UAE Arcade.
- (Arcade) Don’t display wraparound items if items would be repeat on screen.
- (Arcade) Can start with –platform argument (–amiga, –cd32 etc).