A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.6dev:
- Joystick indices (for use with custom input mapping) were skewed due to the new mouse devices (fixed).
- Swapped display order of mouse and joystick ports, call them “Joystick Port” and “Mouse Port” instead of Joystick Port 0/1.
- Fade in when starting FS-UAE, looks better when using themes since the graphics won’t just suddently pop out.
- (Launcher) Search-as-you type has returned.
- (Launcher) Show homepage_url, thelegacy_url in links menu.
- (Launcher) Swapped display order of mouse and joystick ports.
- (Launcher) Spin controls did not work properly on OS X.
- (Launcher) Handle importing kickstarts from the kickstarts dir gracefully.
- (Game Center) Don’t create ~/Documents (unless needed) and ~/Games.
A while ago, I applied for and got a free license for PyCharm from JetBrains (through their Open Source licensing program). It is now my preferred coding environment when working on FS-UAE Launcher and FS-UAE Game Center, I’m generally very satisfied with the code inspection and refactoring options (certainly the best I have seen in a Python IDE). So I just wanted to say thanks 🙂
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.5dev:
- Can open block devices as HDF files on OpenBSD [Edd Barrett / vext01].
- Full stereo separation by default (was 70%).
- Use “enhanced” audio filter when Amiga model is A1200 or A4000.
- Fixed bug where the new FPS led status would overwrite floppy drive leds.
- (Launcher) Fixed a bug where new A500 configs could refuse to start because “kickstart was not found” (2.3.4).
- (Launcher) Better support for .7z (where available), but very inefficient, works best for having a few ADFs in each .7z archive, not WHDLoad archives.
- (Launcher) Can start WHDLoad slaves from archives where the slave is in the root directory and not in a sub-directory.
- (Game Center) Create a log file in a similar manner as FS-UAE Launcher.
- (Game Center) Added python-opengl, python-numpy as Debian dependencies.
- (Game Center) Was missing from suite installer for Windows (fixed).
Updated development packages for Fedora, openSUSE and Debian should once more be available, built via openSUSE build service. See the devel download page (“Other Linux”) for downloads.
(Packages for FS-UAE Game Center is not available for Fedora and openSUSE yet).
There has been some structural changes which affects those who create installable packages for operating systems, or build FS-UAE and related projects from source.
Please see the following forum post for more information: http://eab.abime.net/support-fs-uae/70475-packaging-changes-2-3-x-information-packagers.html.
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.4dev:
- Support for multiple mice using ManyMouse library by Ryan C. Gordon.
- New theme bundled: led-bars-edge.
- Support for some theme digit overlays (cylinder numbers, fps).
- Initial code for input recording.
- Fixed a bug when looking up executable path on Unix-like systems.
- When quitting from fullscreen mode, move cursor to bottom right (so transitioning to a full-screen launcher looks nicer).
- (Launcher) Support multiple mice.
- (Launcher) Preference to show downloadable games or not.
- (Launcher) Don’t try to to checksum OS X/*BSD device nodes [vext01].
- (Launcher) Fixed bug when closing the config dialog.
- (Launcher) Support 7z archives when the 7z program is found on PATH.
- (Launcher) Joystick config tool works with devices having axes with negative or positive rest values.
- (Launcher) Don’t display “Amiga” in game list, only other platform names.
- (Launcher) More restructuring and smaller changes (no changelog…)
- (Game Center) Only show locally available games.
- (Game Center) Only preselect the highest rated variant from local variants.
- (Game Center) Nicer transition to FS-UAE (remove/reduce cursor flickering).
- (Game Center) Use LSUIPresentationMode 4 for bundled FS-UAE for seamless transition to FS-UAE on OS X.
Development releases in the 2.3.x series have not been announced on fs-uae.net before, mostly because there has been somequite a bit of code reorganization, and the earlier versions have been somewhat more in flux. Development has been going on since FS-UAE 2.2 was launched, and here follows the changes for the earlier unannounced development versions.
Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.3dev:
- (Launcher) Don’t reload images when changing variants (and same images should be displayed for the new variant).
- (Launcher) Show joy_emu_conflict from oagd.net in statusbar if applicable.
- (Launcher) More QT port improvements, almost full-featured now.
- (Game Center) Locate correct kickstart ROMs via file database.
- (Game Center) Fixed possible bug in font rendering code.
Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.2dev:
- (Launcher) Fixed bug when loading files from archive in a folder named #.
- (Launcher) Fixed bug when automatically looking up Amiga Forever roms [2.3.1]
- (Launcher) QT port improvements.
- (Launcher) Misc bugfixes and minor improvements.
Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.1dev:
- On windows, read file name (as program parameter) with MBCS encoding (CP_ACP) so paths with non-ASCII characters are handled correctly.
- Windows executables are digitally signed by “Frode Solheim”.
- New portable zip file distribution for Windows, “plus” zip file removed, and emulator-only zip exists still with _emulator.zip name.
- Logs dir is moved into Cache/Logs/, log file renamed to Emulator.log.txt.
- Always write shader log, in case there’s GLSL warnings, etc.
- (Launcher) New status bar with info about num players, languages, web links, copy protection and warnings.
- (Launcher) Game variants (from oagd.net) you don’t have are also displayed, but greyed out.
- (Launcher) Buttons to rate game variants on oagd.net directly from UI.
- (Launcher) Implemented cancel in launch FS-UAE progress dialog.
- (Launcher) Only add Cloanto “Amiga Files” to search path if directory exists (Windows).
- (Launcher) Fix slash direction in default search directory on Windows so it does not look weird.
- (Launcher) More space-efficient screenshot and cover sizes/formats.
- (Launcher) Internal code rewrite (in progress) to support code sharing with Game Center.
- (Launcher) Only have start menu icon for FS-UAE Launcher by default.
- (Launcher) Support new option x_hdinst_args.
- (Launcher) Better support for portable directory, launcher settings can be saved in portable dir.
- (Launcher) Non-Cache launcher data files moved to FS-UAE/Data.
- (Launcher) Download cache dir moved to FS-UAE/Cache/Downloads.
- (Launcher) Initial support for auto-downloadable games from oagd.net.
- (Launcher) Initial support for auto-downloadable games from 3rd-party sites.
- (Launcher) Initial support for manually downloadable games.
- (Launcher) Moved local file index into its own database file.
- (Launcher) Extract empty directories as well when extracting archives.
- (Launcher) Fixed bug when specifying window_width / window_height in custom settings.
- (Launcher) Partial support for Python 3.x.
- (Launcher) Partial support for using the Launcher with QT toolkit.
- (Launcher) Moved file database into its own separate database, also made the file rows more space efficient, and the checksum index smaller.
- (Launcher) Removed support for old XML game database.
- (Launcher) Ignore file extension case when checking floppy list from online database.
- (Launcher) Handle some potentially invalid configs from online database more gracefully.
- (Launcher) Updated translations: it [speedvicio].
Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.0dev:
- Show on-screen warning if OpenAL device cannot be opened, log OpenAL error code.
- New option save_state_compression can be used to disable save state compression.
- New option “log” which can be used to enable misc types of debug logging.
- Queued input events are processed in hsync handler.
- Use CD32 + FMV quickstart for CD32 model, update cd.device in cartridge ROM fixes problem with Pirates Gold intro.
- Removed a couple of left-over / unnecesary log statements.
- Support language option to override GUI language.
- New translations: tr [Decypher].
- With video_sync = auto, allow some slack when deciding to enable full sync or not (accept host refresh rate 49 instead of just 50, ..).
- New option: assume_refresh_rate (int) to manually specify host refresh rate when refresh rate detection fails. This option in combination with video_sync = auto effectively replaces video_sync = full. video_sync = full is now an alias for video_sync = auto.
- Fixed bug causing FS-UAE to hang when pausing with video_sync = off.
- New model CD32/FMV (includes FMV ROM), CD32 model reverted to original.
- Fixed compatibility issues in scanline GLSL shaders.
- (Launcher) Warn when using A1200 model with < 2 MB chip RAM.
- (Launcher) Fixed a bug where 0-byte screenshot / covers files could be stored if a network error occurs while downloading.
- (Launcher) Better support for A3000 and A4000 with the game database.
- (Launcher) Support hiding variants from the database based on _status.
- (Launcher) Cycle-exact can be disabled from database if abs. necessary.
- (Launcher) Support language option to override GUI language.
- (Launcher) New translations: tr [Decypher].