The download links were not updated for 2.5.23dev. This is fixed now 🙂
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.5.23dev:
- Fixed loading of Picasso IV ROM when using graphics_card_rom_option.
- Read plugins from [prefix]/lib/fs-uae/plugins too.
- Updated emulation core from WinUAE 3000.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.23dev:
- Fixed joystick configurations, added –add-dummy-joystick arg for testing.
- Require at least Python 3.2 to start, if not, abort with error.
- Code cleanup, removed Python 2.x compatibility code.
- setup.py: reject installation to default python library dir.
- Makefile: Added separate install, install-program and install-data targets.
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.5.22dev:
- Updated emulation core from WinUAE 3000b28.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.22dev:
- Add support for WHDLoad 18.0.
- Make WHDLoad 18.0 the default WHDLoad version.
I have created a new binary distribution for Linux / SteamOS. These packages are very new, and should be considered experimental.
The naming is a bit misleading, the requirement isn’t really SteamOS, but rather the Steam Runtime! This means that this version should run on any Linux distribution where Steam (or Steam Runtime) is installed. Please report if the packages are not working on your Linux distro 🙂
This package can be particular useful if FS-UAE packages are not available for your Linux distro (or if only older versions are available). The SteamOS version will also probably be used as the base for a new Linux portable distribution (similar to the Windows and OS X portable versions).
The Windows version is now built using the excellent MSYS2 distribution. This distributions contains updated version of all requirements for FS-UAE and (almost) all requirements for FS-UAE Launcher & Arcade, including a Python version compiled with mingw. The end result is a build environment which is much easier to set up and use. I even made an easy-to-follow step by step tutorial for installing this environment and compiling the git version of FS-UAE on Windows. But, there is always a chance that the changes have introduced bugs in FS-UAE or FS-UAE Launcher, so please let me know if something which worked in 2.5.20dev is broken in 2.5.21dev.
The OS X build environment has also been updated with newer library versions – so same here, please report any new issues in 2.5.21.dev, if any.
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.5.21dev:
- Added file version information to fs-uae.exe
- Updated Windows build/dist system to work with MSYS2.
- Also check for plugin .dll/.so in executable directory and exedir/../name/name.dll-or-so (useful for development and testing)
- Added microsoft_x_box_one_pad_11_6_1_0_linux.conf.
- Added sony_computer_entertainment_wireless_controller_14_10_1_0_linux.conf.
- Added wireless_controller_14_6_1_0_macosx.conf.
- Updated emulation core from WinUAE 2900b25.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.21dev:
- Allow clearing preferred joystick(s) via settings UI.
- Can start with path to .fs-uae file as final argument (auto-runs configuration via FS-UAE Launcher).
- Can start with game uuid as final argument (auto-runs preferred variant).
- Can start with variant uuid as final argument (autu-runs specified variant).
- Fixed issue caused by QT normalizing (NFC) paths on OS X.