A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.23dev:
- New option save_states can be used to disable the save state feature.
- Marked several warning messages for translation.
- Updated translations: de [nexusle].
- (Launcher) Disable the save state feature in cases were it is known to not work (with temporarily created hard drives).
- (Launcher) Updated translations: de [nexusle].
Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.22dev:
- Fixed a missing bit in the UTF-8 decoding (for text rendering).
- Fixed a potential crash due to an uninitialized variable (2.1.21).
- Generated source files were by mistake not updated.
Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.21dev:
- Added A3000 model (68030 + FPU, 2 MB chip + 8 MB fast, KS 3.1)
- New aliases for theme overlays (power_led, df0_led, etc).
- Theme coordinate system can be defined with theme_width, theme_height.
- Old overlay option is deprecated, new overlay types available.
- Audio led flashes red on buffer underruns, turns off when the Amiga is not outputting audio data.
- New theme_zoom option (preferred over viewport for theme purposes).
- Updated translations: pl [grimi].
- (Launcher) Updated translations: pl [grimi].
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.20dev:
- Implemented bsdsocket_library support for Windows.
- New LED/overlays: CDTV/32 memory access, vsync, fps, audio.
- Flicker CD LED instead of HD LED when CDFS is used.
- New modes for LED / overlays (overlays can have several states).
- Improved scanline renderer (but also more resource hungry..), may become optional or rewritten as a GPU shader.
- Fixed bug selecting joystick port mode for port > 0 (2.1.19).
- Fixed stuttering in RTG modes (2.1.19).
- Fixed scanline rendering on bigendian computers (PPC).
- Clear video buffer on target_graphics_buffer_update, e.g. when display mode switches from PAL to NTSC. Fixes garbled graphics on bottom of display.
- Allow theme config to overwrite (default) values set by Launcher.
- (Launcher) Removed unnused dependency on Python Imaging (PIL).
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.19dev:
- Fix proper stereo audio output when using OpenAL soft implementation.
- Automatically adjust to 50Hz / 60Hz Amiga mode change.
- video_sync = full is deprecated (now handled as auto), will enable full video sync only when host frame rate ~= Amiga frame rate.
- Fixed a bug with the number of enabled floppy drives, introduced with the support for custom floppy sounds.
- Some minor source code and build improvements.
- Experimental support for a “fifth joystick port“, which can be mapped to Amiga keyboard keys.
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.18dev:
- Fixed overflow preventing alt/cmd modifier key from working.
- Updated translations: es [albconde].
- (Launcher) No floppy drive sounds when loading a WHDLoad variant from the online database.
- (Launcher) Updated translations: es [albconde].
Since upgrading to Ubuntu 12.10 (with upgraded nVIDIA drivers), I have no longer been able to use 1920×1080 @ 50 Hz. I can run
xrandr -r 50 without errors -and the screen turns off/on again, but the screen is still running at 60 Hz afterwards (and xrandr itself confirms this). I could of course (probably) have downgraded the drivers, but I didn’t..
I have however just now found a workaround, I can successfully switch to my defined 50 Hz mode with the nvidia-settings program, like this:
nvidia-settings -a CurrentMetaMode=1920x1080_50_0
And to switch back to 60 Hz:
nvidia-settings -a CurrentMetaMode=1920x1080_60_0
This requires that valid modelines are defined with the names
1920x1080_60_0. See 50Hz Display Modes on Linux with nVIDIA Drivers fore more information.
My original problem is also reported by someone else:
“When trying to change refresh rate the screen goes blank for a second as it usually does but rate is not changed. Both xrandr and nvidia-settings show the old refresh rate still.”
The report got the following response:
“Thanks for reporting this. I can confirm that, at least on my system, the –rate option seems to be ineffective on a recent 304 driver. I’ve filed NVIDIA bug 1054623. Feel free to use this bug number in future inquiries about this issue.”
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.16dev:
- (Launcher) Only show variant name (without game name) in variant list.
- (Launcher) New horizontal layout for game/variants lists.
- (Launcher) Variant list now disappears when choosing a non-database entry.
- (Launcher) Render square covers inside a portrait cover.
- (Launcher) Better differentiation of game and variant info.
- (Launcher) Adjusted screenshot sizes for 1920×1080 maximized.
- (Launcher) You can click on the screenshot area to show the other screenshots, if not all are shown.
- (Launcher) Automatically extract SetPatch from WB disks for WHDLoad.
- (Launcher) Copy WHDLoad.key from base dir (Documents/FS-UAE) if found.
- (Launcher) Documents/FS-UAE/WHDLoad dir not needed/supported anymore, but you can put files to merge in Documents/FS-UAE/Hard Drives/WHDLoad instead if needed.
- (Launcher) Updated translations: pl [grimi], de [nexusle].
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.15dev:
- Determine the size of block devices on OS X, making it possible to mount block devices as hard drives on OS X [lallafa].
- Fixed source to remove some compiler warnings in hardfile_host.cpp.
- (Launcher) Create “Devs/system-configuration” when running WHDLoad games.
- (Launcher) Fixed initialization of (last used) game info on startup.
- (Launcher) Added mobygames link button.
- (Launcher) Use icon button to toggle fullscreen / windowed mode.
- (Launcher) Updated translations: de [nexusle].
Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.14dev:
- Fixed return value in two stub functions.
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.13dev:
- Merged updated emulation core from WinUAE 2.5.1.
- Fixed performance when using full video sync.
- Fix right alt key on Linux.
- Use joystick name “Unnamed” when joystick device has no name.
- Support action_none, so keys can be mapped against “no action”.
- Fixed crash when entering fullscreen mode on OS X 10.5 [Tobias Netzel].
- Tuned autoscaling for CD32 boot and menu screens.
- (Launcher) Fixed WHDLoad games in directories with + in name.
- (Launcher) Some improvements for the game database support.
- (Launcher) Show year/publisher/developer information if available.
- (Launcher) URL buttons for links to game entries on several game web sites.
Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.12dev:
- Tweaked CD32 startup animation viewport.
- (Launcher) Fixed Startup-Sequence for WHDLoad.
Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.11dev:
- Config for gamtec_ltd/smartjoy_plus_adapter.ini [JOPS].
- Small compilation fix for OS X 10.5
- (Launcher) Handle square-ish covers.
- (Launcher) Indicate ADF, IPF CD, or WHDLoad also with icon.
- (Launcher) Reload game variant list after refreshing database.
- (Launcher) Support sort_key from online database.
- (Launcher) Run SetPatch (if found) before starting WHDLoad games.
- (Launcher) Kickstart import task can overwrite old read-only files.