A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.5.5dev:
- Dual joystick/mouse mode for joystick port 0, both a specific joystick device and mouse is enabled at the same time (only when joystick_port_0_mode = joystick and a joystick host device is selected).
- Show on-screen gui_message notifications from UAE code.
- Added missing @docdir@ substitution variable.
- More build system updates / removed old cruft.
- BSD make should now also work (in addition to GNU make).
- Environment variable FSGS_RETURN_CURSOR_TO can be used to move the cursor to a specific location when FS-UAE quits.
- (Device Helper) Ignore full negative axis motion events on startup.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.5dev:
- Added GUI control for option database_show_adult.
- Automatically update game list when database_show_[games/adult] changes.
- Fixed (python 3) bug in download hard drive via HTTP feature.
Changes in FS-UAE Arcade 2.5.5dev:
- Improvements when running under Gnome 3.
- Kill fs-uae-device-helper when FS-UAE Arcade is quit.
- Fix image loader so it does not stop handling requests on download errors.
A short update on what binary builds I publish for FS-UAE dev (now, and in the near future):
- Windows XP or newer
- Mac OS X (currently 10.8+ and > Core 2 Duo CPU *)
- Ubuntu 13.10
- Ubuntu 14.04
- Debian 7.0
- Fedora 20
- openSUSE 13.1 (+ Factory and Thumbleweed)
Support for older Linux distribution releases is removed due to not having recent enough libraries. (*) Later Mac OS X builds will probably revert to the previous system requirements (10.6+).
Builds for other Linux distributions (and BSDs) may or may not be available from your favourite contributor package system / ports tree 🙂
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.5.4dev:
- Some more autoconf / build updates.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.4dev:
- Fixed startup error when base-dir config file is used.
Changes in FS-UAE Arcade 2.5.4dev:
- Fixed startup error when XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP is not set.
- Work around a bug (?) in OpenGL initialization with PyQt5 on OS X.
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.5.3dev:
- Merged code from WinUAE 2800.
- Update AROS ROM from WinUAE 2800.
- Debian compat set to 9, allow harding flags.
- Migrated build system to autoconf (not automake).
- Some source code clean to detect features / functions from autoconf.
- Remove use of deprecated Glib function, require Glib >= 2.32.
- Properly fixed build dependencies on auto-generated source code.
- Fixed a problem preventing mouse from working with SDL2 on Windows.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.3dev:
- Disable strict mode when parsing .fs-uae files.
- (Arcade) Mouse cursor is hidden again.
- (Arcade) Default to maximized non-decorated window on GNOME 3 (works around issue with arcade being forcefully minimized by GNOME 3 when launching FS-UAE full-screen and FS-UAE Arcade is also full-screen).
- (Arcade) More command-line options to control window/fullscreen mode.
FS-UAE only provides one emulated joystick device (using the cursor keys on the keyboard). While I do recommend playing with gamepads/joysticks if you can, It is possible to manually set up a second emulated joystick using custom input mapping 🙂
I’ve added an example configuration (“Emulating a Second Joystick with the Keyboard”) you can copy or tweak if you want to use this.
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.5.2dev:
- Merged code from WinUAE 2800b18.
- SDL2 is now default on all platforms (make sdl=1 to override for now).
- Fixes to make the windows version compile with SDL2.
- Fixes for FS-UAE compilation with mingw-w32 4.6.3.
- fs-uae-device-helper has a new –events mode which continuously prints joystick events to stdout.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.2dev:
- Can download kickstarts for WHDLoad from OAGD.net locker.
- Python 3 compatibility fixes.
- Python 3.2 is target minimum requirement now.
- PyQt4 is preferred Qt Python API if found.
- Windows / OS X packages are assembled with cx_Freeze.
- Dialogs work better in desktop environments w/o close buttons.
- (Arcade) Arcade is ported to PyQt/Pyside.
- (Arcade) Fixed device selection screen so unrecognized cannot be selected for input ports.
- (Arcade) Selected input devices is actually respected.
- (Arcade) Use fs-uae-device-helper for reading joystick events.
- (Arcade) pygame is no longer a dependency (Qt is used instead).
- (Arcade) PIL / python-imaging is no longer a dependency.
- (Arcade) PyOpenGL is no longer a dependency (bundled instead).
- (Arcade) numpy is no longer a dependency.
The OS X build of 2.5.2dev is 64-bit only and OS X 10.8+.