The public git repository was recently updated to reflect my own development environment better. Version numbers are now not updated in all places on version number bump, only the VERSION file is updated. Run “make dist” to get a new sub-dir with clean source and version numbers correctly updated in all files, or you can use windows.mk, macosx.mk, debian.mk etc to build releases. Building the workspace with “make” works just fine, but the version number is then fixed as “9.8.7”.
This repo update is also related to the fact that the official releases are from now on automatically built from the repo on google code (branch “release-devel”) using build slaves connected to a jenkins instance.
Please note that the repository URLs on opensuse build service will change (for a proper split between stable / devel releases once 2.0 is out). New repository base for the development releases is: http://download.opensuse.org/reposit…/fs-uae-devel/. Similarly, if some of you track directory content; devel releases on fengestad.no will be put in http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/devel/
I’m also experimenting with PPA builds for Ubuntu: development version PPA is available at https://launchpad.net/~fengestad/+archive/devel (not all amd64 packages are done building yet).
All this just means that I can spent a little less time pushing out releases and more time coding. Also, occasionally forgetting to push the source code or publish update for a given platform should not be a problem any more 😉
A new development version has been released. Changes in version 1.3.28:
- New official boolean option uaegfx_card to enable the “Picasso 96 card”.
- Re-initialize shaders after fullscreen<->window switching.
- (Launcher) Double-click (or enter) in configuration list starts FS-UAE.
- (Launcher) Remember last directories used when browsing for floppies, CDs, hard drives and kickstarts.
- (Launcher) Automatically add floppies in drives to swap list if swap list is empty.
- (Launcher) Find hard drive zip file relative to hard drives dir.
- (Launcher) GUI widgets to override memory settings.
- (Launcher) Added checkboxes for uaegfx.card and bsdsocket.library.
- (Launcher) Added checkbox to enable NTSC mode.
- (Launcher) Updated GUI main window background drawing to make the GUI look better on Linux (looks much nicer on Kubuntu now).
- (Launcher) Center FS-UAE window on launcher window.
- (Launcher) Center launch dialog on main window also on OS X.
- (Launcher) Updated look for OS X.
A new development version has been released. Changes in version 1.3.27:
- Config for Retro Joystick interface v1.2 (joystick adapter) [Magnar].
- Fixed serial port emulation when not serial port is not “used”.
- Native serial port for POSIX systems [lallafa].
- Added A1000 model support (defaulting to Kickstart 1.2).
- Fixed a bug preventing the launcher from starting on some systems.
- (Launcher) Added A1000 model support.
- (Launcher) Work around bug in openSUSE 12.2’s gettext.py.
I am now planning a new stable release. There is too much good stuff in 1.3.x which is not available in 1.2.x – especially the launcher, since this is very useful for casual setup and especially for beginners. The reason I’m thinking of bumping the version number to 2.0 instead of 1.4 is because I feel the inclusion of the launcher represents a great leap in functionality (for those interested).
I’m quite happy with the state of FS-UAE itself for 2.0, but I think the launcher needs some more work and polish before it should be heavily promoted to newcomers to FS-UAE.
I have assembled a list of stuff I think should be done before 2.0 can be released. I would very much like feedback if you know something of else which should be fixed or implemented first.
A new development version has been released. Changes in version 1.3.26:
- Fix window manager icon lookup on Linux [grimi].
- (Launcher) Associate .fs-uae files with FS-UAE (windows installer).
- (Launcher) Expand ~/ and $HOME/ in paths from config files.
- (Launcher) Fixed joystick matching when joystick name contains multiple adjacent spaces.
- (Launcher) Set window icon for Linux also, in case the desktop environment does not pick up the .desktop file icon.
Packages for the newly released openSUSE 12.2 have been created via the openSUSE Build Service and are now available.
A new development version has been released. Changes in version 1.3.25:
- Properly close OpenAL device on shutdown (avoids error on shutdown on Windows with OpenAL Soft implementation).
- Bundle oal_soft.dll as OpenAL32.dll on Windows (no OpenAL installation needed, but will not use HW-specific drivers unless OpenAL32.dll is deleted from app dir).
- New shortcuts (soft/hard reset, freeze, debugger) [lallafa].
- Initial FreeBSD support (tested to compile and run on FreeBSD 8.2).
- Automatically choose best texture format for new video_format rgb565.
- Added config for Speed-Link Competition Pro Gold [Régis Patroix].
- Added support for RTG modes with native 16-bit buffers.
- Copy RTG video row data without pixel conversion when possible.
- Added support for PPC / Mac OS 10.5 [Tobias Netzel].
- Added support for 16-bit video and texture formats (new value video_format = rgb565).
- Fixes to allow for compilation with clang.
- Replaced deprecated valloc, getpagesize with posix equivalents.
- (Launcher) Bundle local Microsoft.VC90.CRT on Windows.
- (Launcher) Workaround to make translations work on Mac OS X.
- (Launcher) Fixed bug when setting hard_drive_x folders options from config files.
- (Launcher) Remove information panels when running on small resolutions.
- (Launcher) Updated translations: fr [Foul], de [nexusle], it [Speedvicio].
FS-UAE is currently only available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. However, it should be relatively easy to get it to compile and run on FreeBSD as well.
If you are a FreeBSD user and want to use and test FS-UAE, please leave a comment! I won’t bother to implement support for FreeBSD unless there is some demand for it.