I am pleased to announce version 2.0.1 of FS-UAE, the multi-platform Amiga emulator for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and FreeBSD! FS-UAE 2.0 can be downloaded here.
Notable changes since version 1.2 include:
- No need to edit config files any more! A user-friendly configuration frontend, FS-UAE Launcher, is included.
- Emulation core updated to WinUAE2.4.2beta1.
- Many bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Support OpenGL shaders for post-processing special effects.
- Added theming infrastructure. Downloadable themes are available.
- GUI translation for several languages (English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, and Serbian).
- Added keyboard emulation for CD32 gamepad.
- Support for hard drive images > 4GB.
- JIT compilation is now available on some platforms.
- Windows installer is now available, and the Windows version does no longer require any other software packages to be installed.
- Binaries are created for many more Linux distributions, and download repositories are available.
- FS-UAE now compiles and runs on Mac OS X 10.5 (both x86 and PPC) and FreeBSD.
- And many more changes (see the Changelog for details).
Please see the release notes for more information about this release and a detailed list of changes. Also, many thanks to translators, contributors, and everyone who has been testing the development versions and reported bugs and issues!
A list of contributors is available. If you wish to donate to FS-UAE development, I have set up a donation page via PayPal.
Hello. Just discovered this version of uae and uae-launcher and this is the best emulator I ever tested. At last I can make hdf files to work in Linux! It’s a great piece of work! Thanks!