A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.1.0dev:
- Merged updated emulation core from WinUAE 2.5.0beta21.
- FS-UAE mman updated to work more like the WinUAE implementation.
- Ejecting CD images works now, enabled menu option.
- Added auto-fire toggle mechanism to F12 menu.
- Auto-fire support, new boolean options joystick_port_x_autofire.
- Added support for Amiga mouse wheel and middle mouse button.
- (Launcher) Added button to configure auto-fire per joystick port.
This if the first version in the new 2.1.x development series. Some nice and requested features (auto-fire, mouse wheel) are finally supported 🙂 Emulation core is updated from the latest available code from WinUAE / Toni Wilen, bringing with it some nice emulation accuracy improvements!
Because of the code merge, and because the mman module has been rewritten, there is a greater chance than usual that something does not work. -But it looks good in tests. To get a mman behavior which mirrors the WinUAE code more closely, malloc is used to “reserve” memory on non-Windows platforms, and this relies on over-commit features in the Linux/Mac kernels where the memory is not actually allocated before the pages are accessed (not tested on FreeBSD yet). This is a bit experimental, so let me know if it crashes 😉
Many thanks Frode for the Autofire function, finally I can playing Turrican without killing my thumb. 😉 It would be cool to trigger Autofire on/off over the Pad somehow. 🙂
Works fine on OSX 10.7, no crashes!
Using an available game pad button to toggle auto-fire is a good idea. Sounds like something I am likely to implement 🙂 Thanks for the feedback!
With the latest development version, you can toggle auto-fire on/off with the left trigger button (an on-screen message is shown when the function is toggled).