A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.7.1dev:
- Several FPU JIT fixes for x86-64 (fixes crashes and misbehavior).
- Access fault handler supports x86-64 extended registers (REX prefix).
- Fixed crash when 1 GB Zorro III RAM was used without other Z3 expansions.
- Fixed non-blocking socket I/O support in bsdsocket_posix [Jens Maus].
- Added more gamepad controller configurations.
- New option rtg_viewport for optional cropping of the RTG display.
- Updated emulation core from WinUAE 3200b13.
This is the first release where I have published 64-bit (x86-64) binaries for Windows, OS X and SteamOS. These have been tested fairly little compared to their 32-bit counterparts. So please report any issues specific to these versions if you find any. Note: 64-bit QEMU-UAE plugins for Windows, OS X and Steam OS are not publised, but CAPSImg (IPF support) is available.
The new x86-64 JIT compiler is available and enabled in the 64-bit versions. There is a dedicated support thread for this at http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=79762. The JIT compiler is enabled with
jit_compiler = 1 (use for example with the A4000/040 model). If you want full speed for floating point operating, you also need to enable the option
uae_compfpu = 1 for now.
- For full (FPU) JIT speed you need to manually enable uae_compfpu = 1.
- Windows (x86-64) portable version uses 32-bit “shortcut executables”.
- Portable x86-64 versions should be able to co-locate with x86-versions.