A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.10dev:
- Initial support for SDL2 (make sdl=2), does not yet take full advantage of it.
- Enable SDL2 by default on OS X.
- New options window_x, window_y and keyboard_input_grab (SDL2 only).
- New options min_first_line_ntsc, min_first_line_pal.
- Windows distributions/packaging updated.
- fs-uae deb package marked as Multi-Arch: foreign, fs-uae:i386 can then be installed on amd64 without breaking fs-uae-launcher dependency.
- Updated translations: pl [grimi], fi [Goingdown], tr [Decypher], fr [Foul], nb.
- (Launcher) Fixed dialog centering on OS X.
- (Launcher) Center main window on desktop when opening.
- (Launcher) Marked some texts for translation.
- (Launcher) Use native file/directory dialogs (in most places).
- (Launcher) Fixed a bug where game info panel wasn’t always refreshed.
- (Launcher) Code update for compatibility with Python 3.
- (Launcher) Support for PyQT5 in addition to Pyside.
- (Launcher) Experimental net play UI is available again.
- (Launcher) Ensure floppy file name is visible when floppy field changes.
- (Launcher) Support for hd_requirements = workbench (with online database).
- (Launcher) Game database now in Cache/Games.sqlite.
- (Launcher) Database now in Data/Database.sqlite.
- (Launcher) Updated translations: pl [grimi], fi [Goingdown], it [Speedvicio], tr [Decypher], fr [Foul], nb.
- (Game Center) Renaming to FS-UAE Arcade (not complete).
- (Game Center) Merged with Launcher distr on some platforms (Windows).
- (Game Center) Fix joystick selection on input selection screen.
For this version, there has been some slight packaging changes (again). If you’re using the Windows version, and the setup executables, I recommend you uninstall all FS-UAE* programs before installing 2.3.10dev or newer. Don’t worry, uninstalling will not remove anything from Documents/FS-UAE.
Uninstalling isn’t strictly necessary, but will prevent unneeded cruft from lying around. There’s now a single installer with FS-UAE, FS-UAE Launcher and FS-UAE Arcade together (bundling Launcher and Arcade saves quite some space since libraries are not duplicated). Similarly, if you are using the portable version, you can delete the Programs and or Windows directory from previous versions before extracting the new version to clear out old files.
FS-UAE Game Center is now renamed to FS-UAE Arcade. One advantage is fewer syllables, and it also prevents confusion if/when the full FS Game Center is later released. On OS X, you can delete FS-UAE Game Center.app, it will not be updated. In the Ubuntu PPA, fs-uae-game-center is now a transitional dummy package which pulls in fs-uae-arcade.
If you are using the online database, you need to use the refresh database function after updating.