A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.9.0dev:
- Fix mouse input on Windows with raw keyboard input enabled.
- Alt+F4 and Cmd+Q will no longer quit FS-UAE (in full keyboard emulation mode).
- Use raw input on Windows again (allows grabbing of Windows keys, etc).
- New option raw_input = 0 will disable use of raw input for keyboard.
- Fixed loading shaders from fs-uae.dat.
- Updated Xbox 360 configs for Linux.
- Updated emulation core from WinUAE 3300b2.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.9.0dev:
- New option whdload_boot_dir must be used to enable an old feature, previously it was enabled by the presence of Hard Drives/WHDLoad.
- Removed some debug code left by accident (causing rating variants to fail).
- Make game scanner more forgiving if parent game uuid is not found.
- Fixed problem where rating could be reset for first loaded game/variant.
- New experimental option: relative_temp_feature.
Changes in FS-UAE Arcade 2.9.0dev:
- Allow mouse to be used to activate the close button.
- Show mouse cursor briefly when moving the mouse.
- Added stretch / keep aspect toggle button to top right menu.
- Added V-Sync toggle button to top right menu.
- Ability to see and change variant before starting the game.
- Make menu rendering conformant to FS-UAE style.
- More transition animations.
- New cover rendering for non-portrait covers.
- Use –platform=
to start with a given platform filter, e.g. –platform=cd32.
- Variant sort order fixed to be same as in FS-UAE Launcher.
- Fixed arrow keys for FS-UAE Arcade on MacOS.
- Reversed position of platform and publisher names.
This first development version in the 2.9.x series includes all changes from the 2.8.x stable series up until now, and I’ve also started merging in updates from WinUAE. Please also download updated plugins if you use CAPSImg and/or QEMU-UAE.
Thanks for clarification
Hi Frode. Thanks for the release.
On macOS Sierra I face the issue with FS-UAE Arcade being broken. I did extract the tar.gz (both 32 and 64 bit) and tried to start Arcade which failed mentioning that the app is broken.
I did the same with Archiver another alternative to the build-in archiver supporting executable files on macOS. Same issue. On the other hand FS-UAE Launcher works like a charm without any issues.
Any idea on what is wrong?
Thanks for the bug report, and sorry for the late response. The problem should be fixed in the latest available version!
Thanks a lot, Frode. I can confirm that it now works with v2.9.2 and the issue with the pinkish screenshots in the 64 bit Mac version has also been addressed.
One further question if you don’t mind. Why are you still building 32 bit binaries if OS X Lion/10.7 and upwards is required and why are those listed as the preferred / main package (64 bit only comment-wise in parentheses)?
With Lion/10.7 32 bit platforms have been dropped and the OS runs 64 bit natively only. Does it have anything to do with supporting libraries or emulation aspects and which is the preferred binary under a current (64 bit) macOS (I assume the 64 bit binaries)?
Hi, some users may have issues allocating Zorro III memory with the 64-bit version while using the JIT compiler (problems allocating at large enough virtual memory region at required addresses). This problem does not seem to happen for the 32-bit version. And there isn’t *really* any big benefit in running the 64-bit version. Also, the 32-bit version has been tested a lot longer than the 64-bit version for OS X. So all in all, that’s why the 32-bit version is still the default.