I am pleased to announce the release of FS-UAE 2.6.0beta1 🙂
The current stable version is quite old, and recent FS-UAE versions provide many advantages over the older 2.4.x versions. I am releasing this as a semi-stable version. This means that new users are directed to download this version, but users of 2.4.1 / 2.4.3 will not get in-app update until after the beta phase.
Improvements over version 2.4.3 include:
- Updated emulation code from WinUAE 3.1.0.
- Support for PPC emulation (can run AmigaOS 4.x) via QEMU-UAE plugin.
- More emulated hardware support (Toccata, A2061, Picasso IV, …).
- Better support for modern OS versions due to using SDL 2.0.
- Built-in support for multiple displays, and fixes for HiDPI displays.
- The Launcher supports modern OS versions better due to using QT 5.x.
- Much improved FS-UAE Launcher user interface.
- FS-UAE mouse integration (Workbench cursor follows host cursor).
- Updated internal kickstart replacement from AROS.
- Dual joystick/mouse mode for joystick port 0.
- Official builds for SteamOS (Linux + Steam runtime).
- OS X apps are now digitally signed (Apple Developer ID).
- Many bug fixes.
- … and a lot of other improvements. See the ChangeLog entries for full details.
Support for IPF disk images is now provided by a plugin which you need to download separately.