A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.5.6dev:
- Updated emulation core from WinUAE 2820b8.
- Load libcapsimage from plugin instead of having it bundled.
- Updated built-in AROS rom [WinUAE 2.8.1].
- Starting FS-UAE.app with config file works again on OS X.
- Fixed a bug (potential crash) in fs_get_application_exe_path on windows.
- Initial support reading resources from fs-uae.dat (or embedded in the exe).
- Build scripts for SteamOS / Steam runtime version.
- Re-enable compiler optimizations for cpuemu, use -fno-strict-overflow to work around the issue that current cpu emulation code assumes signed integer overflow behavior.
- Added speedlink_strike_2_gamepad_12_5_1_0_windows.conf [TCD].
- Changes to support compilation on OS X 10.9.
- Added slirp support (not tested yet, not enabled by default).
- Enabled A2065 (not tested yet, not enabled by default).
- FS-UAE now uses automake in addition to autoconf.
- New requirement: libmpeg2 / libmpeg2convert for CD32 FMV support.
- Some bugfixes based on static code analysis + code cleanup.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.6dev:
- Add .nobackup file to Documents/FS-UAE/Cache.
- Fixed a bug in adf/hdf creator.
- Include “show all database games” (database_show_games = 0) in settings.
Regarding libcapsimage (IPF floppy image support): the plan is to have FS-UAE Launcher automatically download the plugin on demand. However, for the time being it must be manually installed. The libcapsimage plugin is based on the new 5.1 version.