A new beta version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.99beta2 (“FS-UAE 2.4 Beta 2”):
- Inhibit screen saver / power saving when running FS-UAE on OS X.
- (Launcher) Adult filter for game database, enabled by default.
- (Launcher) Use search term tag:adult to show adult games.
- (Launcher) New option database_show_adult to show adult games by default.
- (Launcher) Can search for quoted words to require exact word match.
- (Launcher) Fixed some translated strings used incorrectly.
- (Launcher) Updated translations: pl [grimi], fi [Goingdown], it [Speedvicio].
- (Arcade) On Linux, only set FS-UAE fullscreen mode to window if is not specifically set to anything (allows fullscreen_mode = fullscreen).
Please see the preliminary release notes for FS-UAE 2.4 for information about what’s new if you are upgrading from FS-UAE 2.2.x.
I was trying to launch Linux on m68k with http://aminet.net/package/misc/os/Debian-31r8-m68k-hdf which works under WinUAE. I see that FS-UAE “supports” MMU now, or at least the behavior is different when uae_mmu_model is set to 68040.
But, the kernel boots, and I see no graphical output. Would it be possible for fs-uae haxors to quickly take a look at the image (can be donwloaded from the link) and config.
Hi, the major MMU improvements came in WinUAE 2.6, and FS-UAE is still based on WinUAE 2.5.1. I have incorporated WinUAE 2.7.x already for the next development series, so FS-UAE 2.5.0 will probably run M68k Linux 🙂 (If you can compile from source, you can check out FS-UAE from https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae instead of waiting for 2.5.0 ;))
Awesome, it works!
No net card is emulated (seems a2065 depends on uaenet which depends on ethernet which depends on windows-only drivers), but it’s a good start. Thanks for making it possible!
That’s right. But it may be easy to add support for the new slirp mode (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67536) – I haven’t looked into it yet.
I’ll probably look at the new slirp mode soon, I registered an issue for it here: https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae/issues/12 🙂
Some of the improvements are nice, however this update broke the media swap list feature. You just can’t add files to either the floppy or CD media swap lists.
Hi, thanks for reporting it – fixed for beta3. It was broke when using PyQt (worked with PySide). I assume you were using FS-UAE Launcher with PyQt on Linux/BSD, if not, please let me know.
Yes. OpenSUSE Linux 12.3 x86_64 with PyQt 4.9.6-3.2.2.
I installed last night’s update (2.3.99.beta 2 it reports) and the problem seems to have been fixed.
Great work BTW. This is the best UAE iteration I’ve used.