A bit late, but packages for Ubuntu Raring (13.04) have been added to the stable and devel PPAs. I’m not on 13.04 yet, so I haven’t tested FS-UAE there yet, but I don’t have any reason to suspect that the packages won’t work
The FS-UAE project has its own domain name now: fs-uae.net
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/ will redirect to http://fs-uae.net/ for the foreseeable future (possibly forever), but if you do have permanent links to the FS-UAE home page / download page on your web site, I would appreciate it if you would update those links (either now, a bit later, or at least eventually ). Please also let me know if you find an old URL which is not redirected properly.
An update to FS-UAE 2.2 has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.2.2:
- With video_sync = auto, allow some slack when deciding to enable full sync or not (accept host refresh rate 49 instead of just 50, ..).
- New option: assume_refresh_rate (int) to manually specify host refresh rate when refresh rate detection fails. This option in combination with video_sync = auto effectively replaces video_sync = full.
- video_sync = full is now an alias for video_sync = auto.
- Fixed bug causing FS-UAE to hang when pausing with video_sync = off.
- New model CD32/FMV (includes FMV ROM), CD32 model reverted to original.
- Fixed compatibility issues in scanline GLSL shaders.
An update to FS-UAE 2.2 has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.2.1:
- Show on-screen warning if OpenAL device cannot be opened, log OpenAL error code.
- New option save_state_compression can be used to disable save state
- New option “log” which can be used to enable misc types of debug logging.
- Queued input events are processed in hsync handler.
- Use CD32 + FMV quickstart for CD32 model, update cd.device in cartridge ROM fixes problem with Pirates Gold intro.
- Removed a couple of left-over / unnecesary log statements.
- Support language option to override GUI language.
- New translations: tr [Decypher].
- (Launcher) Fixed bug when specifying window_width / window_height in custom settings.
- (Launcher) Warn when using A1200 model with < 2 MB chip RAM.
- (Launcher) Fixed a bug where 0-byte screenshot / covers files could be stored if a network error occurs while downloading.
- (Launcher) Better support for A3000 and A4000 with the game database.
- (Launcher) Support hiding variants from the database based on _status.
- (Launcher) Cycle-exact can be disabled from database if abs. necessary.
- (Launcher) Support language option to override GUI language.
- (Launcher) New translations: tr [Decypher].
Screenshot of FS-UAE launcher, which is an optional part of FS-UAE providing many new and convenient features!
I am pleased to announce version 2.2.0 of FS-UAE, the multi-platform Amiga emulator for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and OpenBSD! FS-UAE 2.2 can be downloaded here.
Notable changes since version 2.0 include:
- Much-improved FS-UAE Launcher UI.
- Updated emulation code from WinUAE 2.5.1.
- Better stability, better performance.
- More keyboard shortcuts.
- Improved support for directory hard drives.
- Initial support for the Open Amiga Game Database.
- More input options.
- Amiga PAL/NTSC mode switching.
- Better shader and theme support.
- Improved WHDLoad support.
- LHA archive support.
- Improved support for Amiga Forever.
- More platforms and more languages supported.
- And many other improvements and fixes.
Please see the release notes for more information about this release and a detailed list of changes. Also, many thanks to translators, contributors, and everyone who has been testing the development versions and reported bugs and issues!
A list of contributors is available. If you wish to donate to FS-UAE development, I have set up a donation page via PayPal.