The location of the log files (fs-uae.log.txt and fs-uae-launcher.log.txt) can vary slightly:
- The log files are generally found in (My) Documents/FS-UAE/Cache/Logs.
- If you are using the portable version, they'll be in Cache/Logs within the portable directory.
- On Linux, might also find them in ~/FS-UAE/Cache/Logs if XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR is not set.
Including log files when reporting an issue
When reporting issues with FS-UAE or FS-UAE Launcher, you may be asked to provide log files to help debugging the problem (or clear up any misunderstandings). Some important things to consider:
- Before attaching the log files, you must quit FS-UAE and/or FS-UAE Launcher. If not, the log files may be incomplete.
- The log files are recreated each time you start the program. So when reporting a problem, you must ensure that you experienced the problem on the last run of the program.
If you're reporting a problem on the English Amiga Board forum, it's easy to include the log files. When writing a reply to creating a thread, you can attach the log files to the post.
If you are asked to send log files by e-mail, please send to email@example.com.