When reporting issues with FS-UAE or FS-UAE Launcher, you should provide log files to help debugging the problem (or clear up any misunderstandings).
Some important things to consider:
- Before attaching the log files, you must quit FS-UAE and/or FS-UAE Launcher. If not, the log files may be incomplete.
- The log files are recreated each time you start the program. So when reporting a problem, you must ensure that you experienced the problem on the last run of the program.
The location of the log files (
fs-uae-launcher.log.txt) can vary slightly:
- The log files are generally found in
- If you are using the portable version, they’ll be in
Cache/Logswithin the portable directory.
- On Linux, might also find them in
~/FS-UAE/Cache/Logsif XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR is not set.
If you’re reporting a problem on the English Amiga Board forum, it’s easy to include the log files. When writing a reply to creating a thread, you can attach the log files to the post.
If you are asked to send log files by e-mail, please send to email@example.com.